Mantle of the Expert Online Training Event
A Mantle of the Expert online training event - suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced users, Saturday September 25th 11:00 AM - 4:15 PM.
Designed for an international audience this event will provide attendees with practical and imaginative ideas to use Mantle of the Expert in the classroom. The emphasis will be on teaching and learning, and how Mantle of the Expert can bring the curriculum alive for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
Attendees can choose from a range of workshops designed to introduce, develop, and expand their understanding of the approach.
- Can we excavate the cave yet? A keynote of Dorothy Heathcote’s Rolling Role. Lisa Hinton
Workshops: round 1
- Getting started with Mantle of the Expert: an introduction for beginners. Louise Ryan
- Strategies for Sequencing: planning and teaching using Mantle of the Expert. An intermediate and advanced level workshop. Tim Taylor
Workshops: round 2
- New intermediate level workshop. Louise Ryan
- Using the Three Voices of Mantle of the Expert: a practical workshop on how to use the approach in the classroom, for beginners, intermediate, and advanced users. Tim Taylor
Louise Ryan - is an international educator and Mantle of the Expert coach who has been using Mantle of the Expert in classrooms across the world for the past 5 years.
Tim Taylor - is the author of A Beginner's Guide to Mantle of the Expert, editor of mantleoftheexpert.com, and a lead trainer in the approach.
Lisa Hinton - is the teacher-lead for Mantle of the Expert at Woodrow First School in Redditch. Lisa has been practising Mantle of the Expert for many years, working with children across the primary age range, as well as running workshops and teacher training. Over the last eighteen months Lisa has been researching the use of Rolling Roll and The Commission Model in the classroom.
If you wish to make a booking and pay via BACS or cheque please contact us using the link below.
Feedback from our previous online events
"A thoroughly engaging day that was extremely well planned and delivered."
"An amazing day that inspired and enthused all."
"I found the whole online training experience, which I enjoyed from the comfort of my own home, very successful."
"I enjoyed all aspects of the day, it was good to connect with like minded people from all over the world."
"Thanks for making this happen in the online context! It was a great experience and I am grateful I've had the chance to attend."
"I would recommend this training to anyone working with children."
Timings are all GMT.
To find the timings for your part of the world use this handy website: Meeting Planner.
Saturday 25 September 2021 11:00am
Saturday 25 September 2021 4:15pm
For more information email:
- 11:00 AM Welcome and introduction
- 11:30 AM First round of workshops - 90mins
- 01:15 PM Break - 45mins
- 02:00 PM Second round of workshops - 45mins (followed by a ten minute break)
- 03:15 PM Third round of workshops - 45mins
- 04:15 PM Finish