The Roman Legionnaire
Main Curriculum Focus
- History: The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- Geography: Human impact and physical changes over time, map reading, and exploring
maps from the past
- RE: Contrasting religious beliefs of the Romans and the Celtic people
- English: Writing of different texts, such as letters home, reports of battle, rules and regulations
"- What might life be like for a Roman soldier stationed in northern Britain?
- See end of document for further inquiry questions"
Expert Team: A legion of Roman soldiers
Client(s): The Emperor of Rome
To protect the northern border of the Roman empire in Britain
A Roman soldier, stationed on Hadrian’s Wall, sits alone in the barracks of a hill fort carefully carving a small statue of an elephant. As he carves he thinks of his home and his family, hoping one day to have children of his own.
Please note the article mentioned at the start of the planning document is now available on our website - https://www.mantleoftheexpert.com/blog-post/using-drama-for-learning/