Notes from the advanced weekend course, July 2019
6th July 2019
The following are a collection of notes for those who attended the Mantle of the Expert Advanced weekend course at Ringsfield Hall, in July 2019.
- The resources and teaching tools discussed during the weekend visit.
- Links to blogs and articles:
- Luke’s Snow White planning
- Orchards: Glorious Orchard; Slumber Orchard
- Notes on creating two groups and looking for implications
- Notes on thinking through implications
An example of the planning grid from Great Fire of London (click to enlarge).
Drama/Theatre – two sides of the same coin –
The what and the how
POV – People involved
Tension – What is the tension
Location – Where this is happening
Time – When this is happening
Events – What is happening
Reflection – Chance to reflect
Representational – How the drama is brought into the classroom (space)
Use of sign: (icon, drawing, writing, clothing, objects, and people)
Form: Of space, movement, speed, volume, intensity.