Training day: an introduction to Mantle of the Expert
Introducing the Mantle of the Expert approach, including an in-class demo session.
Led by Tim Taylor, teacher-trainer and author of 'A Beginner's Guide to Mantle of the Expert'.
Suitable for school leaders, teachers, and support staff this full day of training will explore how Mantle of the Expert creates imaginary world stories that contextualise the curriculum and engage students in meaningful learning.
During the day delegates will take part in practical sessions investigating:
- the use of story elements to generate events, engage the imagination, and create purposeful tension.
- the role of drama conventions to bring students into the fiction, providing them opportunities to examine events, people, and decisions from different points-of-view.
- the potential of imaginary contexts to frame the curriculum creating meaningful and engaging situations for learning.
- how the Mantle of the Expert approach has been used by the staff of Priory to transform the school, the behaviour of students, and the teaching of the curriculum.
- how the staff of Priory plan Mantle of the Expert contexts, record and assess the students' learning, and use the approach to develop learning across the curriculum.
- how the approach enhances and develops the students' imagination and the creativity of students and staff.
Included in the day will be a 90 minute in-class demonstration lesson where delegates will see Mantle of the Expert used with students and how the approach generates meaningful and engaging opportunities for cross-curricular learning.
Please contact Acting Headteacher, Claire Pugh for more information.
Wednesday 28 June 2023 9:30am
Wednesday 28 June 2023 3:00pm
Priory Church in Wales School
Brecon LD3 9EU
For more information email: