Northern Rocks 2023
We’re back. Come and join us in Leeds on June 2023 for Northern Rocks - the happiest education conference! We have a wonderful range of speakers for you this year, as always with old favourites sitting alongside new, exciting names in education, all sharing their wonderful expertise.
The speaker list will be regularly updated, but to whet your appetite, you can expect to hear from the following this year:
- Dr Mary Bousted (General Secretary NEU)
- Jenny Bowers and Julia Hancock (leadership coaching)
- Professor Rachel Boyle (Dean of Education, Leeds Beckett University)
- David Cameron (educationalist)
- Theresa Chapman and Louise Clarke (Arts Angels)
- Professor Guy Claxton (cognitive scientist and author)
- Ellie Costello (co-founder of Square Peg)
- Sue Cowley (behaviour specialist, author)
- Dr. Helen Drury (teacher, founder of Mathematics Mastery )
- Tina Farr (headteacher)
- Emma Hardy MP (former teacher and Member of Parliament)
- Haili Hughes (teacher, teacher trainer, author)
- Bennie Kara (secondary teacher, senior leader and diversity specialist )
- Debra Kidd (teacher trainer and author)
- Alison Kriel (former headteacher and leadership consultant)
- Professor Rachel Lofthouse (teacher trainer, founder @CollectiveEd1) and Cathy Gunning (Early Years Pedagogic Lead).
- Dr James Mannion (teacher trainer)
- Lynn McCann (SEND specialist and founder of Reach ASC)
- Laura McInerney (Co-founder Teacher Tapp)
- Tabitha McIntosh (Teacher of English, KS5 lead)
- Nazma Meah (EY teacher and nursery owner)
- Stephen Morgan MP (Shadow Minister for Schools)
- Hywel Roberts (travelling teacher and author)
- Ruth Swailes (EY specialist and author)
- Tim Taylor (Mantle of the Expert trainer and freelance teacher)
- Rachel Tomlinson (Headteacher)
- Tom Wallace (Headteacher)
- Mike Watson (primary teacher and outdoor learning specialist)
- Dave Whitaker (SEND/AP leadership and author)
As an additional opportunity this year, we’re offering n afternoon at Bradshaw Primary School, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9PF on Friday 9th June to see Mantle of the Expert in practice.
“A chance to visit our school and talk to us about the journey we have been on over the last few years developing Mantle of the Expert in a practical way that meets the needs of our students and the requirements of the National Curriculum.
The afternoon will involve:
1. Two demonstrations lessons, taught by Tim Taylor, one in an infant classroom and one in a junior classrooms.
2. The chance to talk to our senior leadership team, class teachers, and support staff about how we have developed Mantle of the Expert at Bradshaw, and ask questions about training, planning, assessment, and the effects using the approach has had on standards and our students engagement with learning.”Date & Time
Saturday 10 June 2023 9:00am
Saturday 10 June 2023 4:00pm
Leeds Beckett University - Headingley Campus Church Wood Avenue Leeds LS6 3QS