Mantle of the Expert Online Training Event: Student Page
We are offering this event at a reduced price for anyone who is in full-time education or studying to be a teacher. The reduced price is $70/£50.
PLEASE NOTE: Some customers are having problems booking using the online booking form (we think this is a firewall issue). If you do not get an email acknowledging your booking and a payment invoice from Stripe it might be your booking has not processed. Please contact us if this happens.
Announcing the next Mantle of the Expert online training event - suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced users.
Designed for an international audience this event will provide attendees with practical and imaginative ideas to use Mantle of the Expert in the classroom. The emphasis will be on teaching and learning, and how Mantle of the Expert can bring the curriculum alive for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
Attendees can choose from a range of workshops designed to introduce, develop, and expand their understanding of the approach.
Workshop themes will include:
- Getting started with Mantle of the Expert
- Intermediate development of Mantle of the Expert
- Mantle of the Expert for advanced users - the use of framing and frame distance
- Using Mantle of the Expert: developing a context and what to do if you get stuck!
- Developing empathy and making ethical choices using Mantle of the Expert
- The use of questioning techniques and inquiry in Mantle of the Expert
- Where do your ideas come from? Getting started and finding inspiration.
- The development of a curriculum of Hope - how can Mantle of the Expert empower children to change the world?
- Tension, the magic ingredient of Mantle of the Expert
- Concern and the Continuum of Engagement - making learning matter
Debra Kidd - is an author and teacher who has been working in Education for 26 years across all age groups. She has a doctorate in education and is the author of four books, the latest of which is Curriculum of Hope.
Louise Ryan - is an international educator and Mantle of the Expert coach who has been using Mantle of the Expert in classrooms across the world for the past 5 years.
Tim Taylor - is the author of A Beginner's Guide to Mantle of the Expert, editor of mantleoftheexpert.com, and a lead trainer in the approach.
Luke Abbott - is an internationally renowned expert on the use and development of the Mantle of the Expert. A student of Dorothy Heathcote's in the 1980s, Luke has been promoting Mantle of the Expert ever since and has taught hundreds of teachers across the world how to use the approach.
Richard Kieran - is the headteacher of Woodrow First School, Redditch UK. Richard introduced Mantle of the Expert eleven years ago and the approach is now used in every classroom. In 2012 Woodrow became a Mantle of the Expert Training School.
Our online booking form is for credit cards only. If you wish to make a booking and pay via BACS or cheque please contact us using the link below. If you have problems with Stripe (which occasionally happens with people outside the UK) please make a payment using our PayPal donation page adding the cost of the ticket(s) and add the note: "For the Mantle of the Expert course on March 13th" on the payment screen. If you have any problems please contact us using the link below.
The cost of the event is $70, which is £50.
Please contact us if you wish to make a block booking, or if you have trouble using the online payment method, or would prefer to pay by bank transfer.
Feedback from our last online event
"A thoroughly engaging day that was extremely well planned and delivered."
"An amazing day that inspired and enthused all."
"I found the whole online training experience, which I enjoyed from the comfort of my own home, very successful."
"I enjoyed all aspects of the day, it was good to connect with like minded people from all over the world."
"Thanks for making this happen in the online context! It was a great experience and I am grateful I've had the chance to attend."
"I would recommend this training to anyone working with children."
Timings are all GMT.
To find the timings for your part of the world use this handy website: Meeting Planner.
Saturday 13 March 2021 11:00am
Saturday 13 March 2021 4:15pm
For more information email:
- 11:00 AM Welcome and introduction
- 11:30 AM First round of workshops - 90mins + 15mins Q&A
- 01:15 PM Break - 45mins
- 02:00 PM Second round of workshops - 45mins + 15mins Q&A (followed by a ten minute break)
- 03:15 PM Third round of workshops - 45mins + 15mins Q&A
- 04:15 PM Finish