The Mantle of the Expert project funded by the National Education Union
Starting in April 2018 this course is an annual, completely free programme, commissioned by the NEU/NUT, to train a select group of teachers from across the country to an advanced level in Mantle of the Expert.
Lasting sixteen months, the first cohort began in April 2018 and is due to be repeated in January 2019 , and then every year there after.
Applicants will be primary school teachers. And members of the NEU, NUT, or ATL. Places are limited to fifteen.
The course is run as an action research project, with three weekends of training, a series of demonstration lessons, in-class practice, and four course assignments.
If you are interested in applying yourself or putting forward one of your colleagues, please look out for the next round of applications in Autumn 2018. Join our mailing list to keep in touch.
Please let us know if you have any questions using the ‘Contact’ form.
Associated pages for the NEU course, click to access:
- Resources and reading list
- Notes from Weekend 1 – April 2018
- Notes from Weekend 2 – October 2018
- Notes from Weekend 3 – March 2019
- Some of the teachers on the 2018/19 course have started a blog:
- The final assignment at the end of the course was to write a reflective blog on the teacher’s thoughts about Mantle of the Expert:
- Nicole Winter – What I Have Learnt About Mantle of the Expert So Far